Complete Web Automation with Excel VBA
Fill Out Web Forms Dynamically, Navigate Web Pages Intuitively, And Extract & Manipulate Data To Increase Efficiency!
What you’ll learn in Complete Web Automation with Excel VBA
- Locate elements using Basic Strategies (ID, Name, Tag, Class)
- Search for Links using Link Text or Partial Link Text!
- Master XPath Location strategies and functions for hard to pinpoint elements
- Deal with Popups, Alerts, Notifications, and Frames like a boss!
- Utilize Attributes to unearth embedded content
- Pinpoint elements using Relative or Absolute Xpath
- Learn the secret benefits of CSS Selectors
- View and Parse inner HTML document information
- Use free extensions and tools to locate best Xpath or CSS Selectors
- Capture Groups of Elements into Arrays, Lists or Straight to Excel!
- Complete Web Automation with Excel VBA Course Site
- Sort and Remove Duplicates from a List Object
- Locate all sub-elements of a div, table, or larger parent element
- Evaluate hidden CSS Properties, such as ‘width’, ‘background-color’, etc
- Understand Regular Expression (RegEx) patterns and using pattern matching
- Get element Position and Size and Scroll element into View when necessary
- Create custom error messages to evaluate comparison (Equality, Contains, NotEquals, Matches, Fail…)
- Discern the difference between Assert and Verify operators
- Programmatically hover, click, click and hold, release, right-click and double click with the Mouse
- Send Keyboard combination presses as well as regular word character presses to the browser
- Drag and Drop elements or text to another area or drag files for Upload programmatically
- Control Timeouts and Wait for default settings for PageLoad, Element searches, and Server timeouts
- Wait for CSS special values change or meet conditions
- Log In using set credentials to the site
- Test for the presence of Dialog popups
- Navigate with Basic Web Controls – Back, Forward, Reload, Close Driver, Close Single page, URLs
- Save and Load specific user profile for WebDriver execution
- Enter and Exit specific embedded Frame controls and their HTML content
- Open, Access and toggle multiple tabs/windows and Select by Index, Title or Window Handle
- Resize and Position Browser window to user specifications
- Save Screenshot of Browser, Web Element(s), or entire Desktop to Excel or a file
- Copy Image directly to Excel OR to Clipboard
- Change image dimensions and resize
- Compare multiple image files, generating an image of differences
- Cast image elements into ActiveX Image Control on worksheet or Userform!
- Convert Web-Table into TableElement Object and manipulate as an array or directly to Excel
- Extract specific Web-Table column(s) instead of the whole table!
- Dynamically select one or more Dropdown or Listbox options programmatically or using mouse clicks
- Deselect all options or explore ‘Options’ collection and properties
- You should already have Microsoft Excel (version 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 or 2016). The newer the better, but VBA works the same in all versions. It’s just that newer versions have more options, thus more VBA Commands to control those options.
- Very very basic Excel skills needed for this course.
Using a website has become part of everyday life in both work and play. Many of us spend hours a day scouring the web or filling out tedious forms online for work!
Throughout the course, I take you through all the undocumented processes, enabling you to locate and interact with any element on a webpage using a variety of strategies, from basic text & attribute searches to Advanced strategies such as XPath, CSS Selectors, and Regular Expression (RegEx) functionalities.
You’ll learn how to fill out web forms dynamically, navigate web pages intuitively, and extract and manipulate data to increase efficiency.
Then we’ll learn how and when to trigger macros with precision using “Timeouts and Waits”!
In addition to basic navigation, I’ll show you how to Open, Access and Toggle multiple tab Windows, how to resize, re-position and auto-scroll your browser window as well as use login techniques with set credentials. You’ll be able to deal with pop-ups, alerts, notifications, and Frames like an expert. I’ll even show you the secrets of controlling the clipboard, saving screenshots to your Excel file or even taking all or parts of online tables into your spreadsheets automatically. Finally, I’ll take you through drop-down menus and working with list boxes to complete your WebDriver mastery.
The course comes loaded with several examples in each section, including several engaging and challenging exercises to help you solidify what you’ve learned (with solution videos immediately following).
Who this course is for:
- This Excel course is for anyone who wants to learn Automation secrets in Excel VBA for controlling websites.
- Web Scraping in Nodejs Course
- Last updated 11/2019