Learn Python 3 from scratch! Build your own network-scripts and upgrade your Network Engineering skills! Updated 2020.
What you’ll learn
Python 3 Network Programming – Build 5 Network Applications Course
- Master all the Python 3 key concepts starting from scratch.
- Apply your new Python 3 skills to build various tools for network interaction and make your job easier.
- Use Python 3 for connecting via SSH to any network device and reading/writing configuration from multiple devices simultaneously.
- Use Python 3 for establishing SSH sessions to network devices, extract parameters like the CPU utilization and build real-time graphs for performance monitoring.
- Learn how to use Python 3 for building an interactive subnet calculator with a user menu. The tool will return the network and broadcast addresses, the number of valid hosts per subnet, the wildcard mask and will generate random IP addresses from the subnet.
- Use Python 3 for building a basic packet sniffer, capturing and analyzing network packets (ARP, ICMP, BOOTP) and saving packet data to a log file.
- Use Python 3 for building a configuration change management tool that will extract the running-config of a network device at specific time intervals, will compare it to the previous version, detect and highlight all the changes and send the network admin a nice and clean report via e-mail on a daily basis.
- Learn how to use Python 3 and specialized modules and commands to connect to and query network devices via an intermediary, remote Linux server.
- Get the full Python 3 code of 5 amazing network applications and customize each of them according to your networking needs.
- Get many other useful, free resources to enhance your learning experience: quizzes, notebooks (code samples), cheat sheet (syntax summary and examples), e-book (syntax guide).
- Ask for a raise at your current job or apply for a better position using the network automation skills gained from this course.
- This training teaches you everything, from scratch.
- You should already be familiar with networking concepts like Switching, TCP/IP, CLI, SSHv2, Telnet, OSI Layers.
- You are going to use only free software throughout the course: Python 3.7, VirtualBox, Arista vEOS, Notepad++.
- All you need is a decent PC or laptop (2GHz CPU, 8-16GB RAM) and an Internet connection to download the free tools.
Why would you take this course?But the thing that simply jumpstarted my career was learning the Python programming language and implementing it in some of my daily tasks and processes. Unfortunately, at that time I was unable to find a complete, coherent programming course for network engineers, so I had to put together various pieces of information scattered across Google and YouTube.
The ability to write scripts and automate certain tasks is one of the primary skills that big employers are looking for.
What’s this course all about?
Python Network Programming (version 3.7) course aimed not only at network professionals but at anyone having little or no experience in coding or network automation and a great desire to start learning Python from scratch. This hands-on Python Network Programming training takes you from “Hello World!” to building complex network applications in no time.During this course you will learn Python concepts which are relevant to your networking job and build some amazing network tools:
- Introduction – What’s This Course All About?
- Python 3 – Basics
- Python 3 – Strings
- The Python 3 – Numbers and Booleans
- Python 3 – Lists
- Python 3 – Sets
- The Python 3 – Tuples
- Python 3 – Ranges
- Python 3 – Dictionaries
- Learn Python 3 – Conditionals, Loops, and Exceptions
- Python 3 – Functions and Modules
- Python 3 – File Operations
- Learn Python 3 – Regular Expressions
- Python 3 – Classes and Objects
- Python 3 – Advanced Concepts and Tools
- Learn Python 3 – Download the Cheat Sheet
- Python 3 – Download the E-Book
- Setting Up the Working Environment
- Network Application #1 – Reading / Writing Device Configuration via SSH
- Network Application #2 – Building an Interactive Subnet Calculator
- The Network Application #3 – Extracting Network Parameters & Building Graphs
- Network Application #4 – Building a Basic Network Packet Sniffer
- Network Application #5 – Config File Management and E-mail Notifications
- [BONUS] Running Python Code via Remote Servers
- Final Section – Get Your Certificate and Let’s Connect on Social Media!
Who this course is for:
- Network Administrators, Network Engineers, Network Managers, Systems Engineers.
- Network Quality Assurance Engineers, Network Analysts, Network Professionals.
- Python Developers Who Want to Apply Their Knowledge in Network Automation.